The Clan Totems
Clan Totems allow a clan to mark the borders of their lands. They are only available to players with Clan
Halls (which means paying players). Clan with no Hall are nomadic anyway and so have no borders needing marking.
- A clan can have up to ten clan totems providing they are in credit.
- The clan totem can be bred by any breeder, all totems are reduced to a very basic, defenseless design. If
someone wants to destroy your border markers it is very easy for them to do so.
- Clan Totems must be within 20 hexes of each other in order for a border
to be marked. If further apart than this then no border will be drawn. This
hex count includes the totems.
- Borders are drawn from a totem to its two closest neighbours.
- The border is shown as a line of lighter hexes. There is no indication of ownership, so it may be worth making
your totems stand in the open where trespassers can see them and so know who claims the border.
- Totems have a visibility of 5 hexes, they cannot move or fire or spawn.
And that's that. Basically the Totems are used to stop accidental incursion
by unknown clans. They in no way deter an enemy who will simply destroy them.